Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Blemish Control

I'm going to start doing more beauty related posts instead of just movie reviews. This product I'm going to do is something I found recently and LOVE!


Smashbox Photo Finish More Than Primer Blemish Control
What a mouthful right? I received this product in a sample bag from Sephora and really enjoy it.
You can't really tell but the packaging is really green and its 2% salicylic acid. The primer itself is actually clear like most other salicylic acid treatments. According to Smashbox you're suppose to see results in 2 weeks. 

I honestly think it helps keep my makeup looking good all day. I've been using it for about 2-3 weeks and have noticed a difference. I cannot say its been 100%  a result from using this but I stopped using my night cream and just use this right before I put makeup on. This product, to my knowledge, hasn't been out very long and only comes in a big size not a travel size-yet! As of now its $42 on Sephora (link will take you right to it) and you get 1oz.  My size was half the size of the travel(.4oz) so it won't last me super long but it will last awhile since you don't need a lot of product at once.

I know $42 is A LOT for a primer but I did some research and found a much cheaper product that could possible be a dupe. It's by L'Oreal and is only $13 at Ulta. It's called Studio Secrets Professional Color Correcting Primer and I haven't tried it (yet! I'm waiting until I use up my sample). It isn't a salicylic acid treatment but it is green which means its anti redness. It has mixed reviews but if you don't like it most stores will let you return it. Plus everyone has different skin types and you never know what will work and won't work!

I hope you enjoy the great posts I have coming up and feel free to leave suggestions down below. Also add me in your circles and share with your friends! I've had 840 page views so far! Thanks for that!

Random thoughts:
Its been awhile since I have done this but my last posts have been really lengthy and I just want to get them done!
The polar vortex has REALLY been affecting my city.
Just remembered some homework I need to do :(
It took me so long to get the pictures on here for some reason. The computer just hasn't been my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment