Thursday, January 23, 2014

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

I finished my book of 2014! It is Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.

(picture from Goodreads) 

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I like reading cliche teen romance (to a point nothing too gooey)  basic drama books. I don't typically like super heavy, deep books. So I was expecting it to be typical/average. I got it for $2 at Ollie's. I ended up REALLY enjoying it. I found it to be rather funny (at least to me). I also enjoyed the amount of French, since I'm taking French currently and know about as much as she does. 

Here's the summary from Goodreads(seriously check out this site!): 
"Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.  
But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?"

It came out in 2010 and is 372 pages. 
I would say it is an easy read without a lot of hard words and like I said little French so you're not lost if you don't know the language. It also stays pretty PG-13. 

I would recommend this if you enjoy light dramas without it being too intense. It took me about 3 days to read so I think its a light(er) read. I'd give it a 5/5 stars. 

Here's a Link to Amazon: Buy Here 

If you read the book I'd love to her your thoughts and suggestions for my next book. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment