Friday, January 24, 2014

A Great Big Wold: Is There Anyone Out There? Review

Recently I found a new artist(s) that quickly became a favorite! It is a duo that calls themselves 'A Great Big World'. There debut album called "Is There Anyone Out There" came out this past Tuesday. 

(picture from their website) 

They are classified as Pop which it is but it reminds me of Broadway Showtunes. My friend described it as "a mix of Allstar Weekend(an old favorite band) and Owl City". Honestly if you listened to it you would understand why I think of showtunes. 

The album is $7.99 and has 13 songs that follow: 

1. Rockstar- 
 My Favorite
2. Land of Opportunity-
The most Allstar Weekendish
3. Already Home- 
Least favorite but still good
4. I Really Want It-
Most Showtuney
5. Say Something-
You've probably heard this already and was in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. (probably already on Glee)
6. You'll Be Okay-
Best Vocals
7. Everyone Is Gay-
Funniest
8. There Is An Answer-
Most likely to be on Glee
9. I Don't Wanna Love Somebody Else- 
Best Love Song
10. This Is the New Year- 
Best Workout Song
11. Shorty Don't Wait- 
 Most Wait, Have I heard this before? (in a good way)
12. Cheer up!- 
Impossible to frown while listening 
13. Say Something ft. Christina Aguilera
NOOO I do NOT like this version. I am NOT a Christina fan anyways but this song is NOT as good as the original song but it's probably the version you've heard since its on the radio. 

I absolutely LOVE this album despite my somewhat sarcastic remarks. I highly recommend since I believe it will put you in a better mood. I love to listen after a bad day (especially Cheep Up!) or while doing homework.  
Also while you're googling look up Allstar Weekend (referenced several times) who use to be my favorite band but is now called Tragic Thrills and still good just different. 


No comments:

Post a Comment